With 2019 all but gone and neither host having yet seen the motion picture “Cats,” Be Reel reflects on the year in film with a series of semi-original accolades.
Peep the full category list below.
- Favorite acting that will never get award consideration
- Steepest movie disappointment relative to expectations
- Character death of the year
- Favorite title seemingly no one saw
- The “I Just Do Not Get What People See In It” movie of the year
- Loudest Movie Laugh of the Year
- Shot of the Year
- Needle Drop of the Year
- Movie That Most Quickly Exited Your Memory
- Trash Lord of the Year (Most bad-good movie)
- 2019 Movie Most Likely to Be Discussed Differently in 2029
In the end, we give our Top 10 lists and bid the 2019 movies a fond farewell. Happy new year!
As always, Be Reel is part of The Playlist Podcast Network—which includes The Discourse, The Fourth Wall, and more—and can be heard on iTunes, AnchorFM, Soundcloud, Stitcher, and now on Spotify. To listen on this page, you can stream the podcast via the AnchorFM embed below or up top. Follow us on iTunes, and you’ll get this podcast as well as our other shows regularly. Be sure to subscribe, and drop us a comment or a rating as we do appreciate it. Thanks for listening.