Last updated: May 12, 2016
3. NOTICE TO PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
Users must be 13 years or older to subscribe to our newsletter.
Some of the content available within the Website may not be appropriate for children. Some content may contain “R-rated” material, nudity, profanity, and mature subject matter. Playlist will not provide content ratings or other age-related warnings on such content.
4. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
In exchange for your access to the Website, you agree not to take any steps that are intended to or could damage, inhibit, or prevent operation of the Website or that could cause injury to yourself, to us, or to any third party. Without limitation, you agree not to:
- modify, enhance, or otherwise alter in any way any portion of a Playlist (or others’) embeddable video player or its underlying technology; modify, enhance, edit or otherwise alter in any way any portion of the content streamed via (or contained on) any embeddable video player;
- use technology or other means to access or use the Website that is not authorized by Playlist, including accessing the Website through any automated system, including “robots,” “spiders” or “offline readers” (other than public search engines for the sole purpose of, and solely to the extent necessary for, creating publicly available search indices – but not caches or archives – of the Website);
- introduce viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website or our servers, computer network or user accounts;
- collect information about other users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate or encourage the sending of, unsolicited bulk or other communications or for any other purpose not explicitly authorized by Playlist; distribute “spam”; advertise or solicit others to purchase any product or service within the Website or otherwise use the Website for any commercial solicitation purposes;
- use our servers, networks or other facilities for any purpose not explicitly authorized by Playlist or to interfere with or cause damage to the Website or any other service operated by us or any other party; take any other action that we, in our exclusive discretion, believe may damage or injure you, us or any third party; or
- act in a deceptive manner by, among other things, impersonating any person; misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity; conducting fraud; impersonating another person or organization; harm or exploit minors; use any information obtained from the Website in order to harass, abuse or harm another person.
Playlist and its service providers have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor all conduct on the Website and User Comments (defined below) submitted to the Website and to remove any User Comment in our sole discretion for any reason, including because a User Comment is inappropriate or because third parties have complained regarding the User Comment, without any obligation to explain our reasoning, or for no reason.
5. YOUR USER COMMENTS
Playlist provides Playlist users with the ability to post comments and replies to existing threads or articles we publish (“User Comments” or “Posting”). If you post a comment or reply to an article or to one of our threads, you hereby grant Playlist (and our successors and affiliates) a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform your User Comments, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of your User Comments in any media formats and through any media channels now or hereafter known. You also hereby grant each user of the Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Comments through the Website.
We or our service providers and partners may edit, remove, modify, publish, transmit or display the Posting as we see fit. You waive all moral rights that you may have in having a Posting altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you.
You agree that you will not upload or post or otherwise publish any defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive or illegal material. You agree that you will treat the other users of our Website with courtesy and dignity and refrain from any Postings that are discriminatory or would constitute or be perceived as “hate speech.” You also agree not to disrupt discussions or threads with repetitive messages, meaningless messages or “spam.”
The User Comments are also not the place for commercial Postings of any kind (including, though not limited to, advertisements, recruitment efforts, site announcements and program announcements) and any such Postings may be immediately removed. You are welcome to include URLs in your Postings, as long as such Postings do not violate the above.
6. OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
7. OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The contents of the Playlist Website are provided solely for your personal and non-commercial use. All material published on the Website or forwarded to you by email or other delivery method are protected by copyright and owned or controlled by Playlist or the party credited with the content. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create new works from, distribute, perform, display or otherwise exploit in any form any of the content on our website, including text, graphics, illustrations, logos, button icons, images, audio, video and music, and the selection and layout of such content, without our prior written permission.
You also agree not to use any of our trademarks, service marks, designs, and logos anywhere without our prior written consent. Additionally, you agree not to use our trade dress, or copy the look and feel of our Website or its design, without our prior written consent. You agree that this paragraph goes beyond the reach of governing law on intellectual property law, and includes prohibitions on any competition that violates the provisions of this paragraph.
Nothing contained on the Website shall confer or be construed to confer any license or right under any copyright or trademark of Playlist or any third party, except as expressly consented to in these Terms or another writing signed by Playlist.
8. CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
In the event that you have a claim of copyright infringement with respect to material that is contained on the Website or in any of our products, please provide our designated copyright agent with the following information:
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site or application are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site or application;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; and
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Our copyright agent for notice of claims of infringement on the Website is:
The Playlist Blog, LLC
31 Ocean Parkway, #6K
Brooklyn, NY 11218
Attn: Playlist Copyright Agent
This contact information is only for suspected copyright infringement. If you would like to contact us about another matter, please email us at [email protected].
We will remove any content that infringes upon the copyright of any person under the laws of the United States upon receipt of such a statement (or any statement in conformance with 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)), and will terminate the access privileges of those who repeatedly infringe on the copyright of others, subject to their right to compel us to repost under 17 U.S.C. § 512(g)(2). United States law imposes substantial penalties for falsely submitting a notice of copyright infringement.
9. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND USER-POSTED LINKS
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
PLAYLIST, ITS WEBSITE AND ITS RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED SOLELY FOR THE INFORMATION OF THE USERS OF PLAYLIST’S WEBSITE AND SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. WE DO NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION OR SERVICES WITH THE INTENTION THAT USERS RELY ON ANY INFORMATION FOUND IN THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE. PLAYLIST WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL OR INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF OR INACCURACIES IN THE INFORMATION. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND/OR IMPLIED, ARE EXCLUDED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY OTHER WARRANTY THAT MIGHT ARISE UNDER ANY LAW. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR SITE-RELATED SERVICES IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THOSE SERVICES. Without limiting the foregoing, we make no representation or warranties (i) that the Website will be permitted in your jurisdiction; (ii) that the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free; (iii) concerning any third party’s use of User Comments or content that you submit; or (iv) concerning any User Comments or content submitted by any other user.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW: IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AFFILIATES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WESBITE OR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE OR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA OUR WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE DO NOT ACTIVELY SCREEN USER COMMENTS BEFORE THEY ARE UPLOADED TO OUR WEBSITE BY THIRD PARTIES AND, WHETHER OR NOT WE WOULD OTHERWISE NORMALLY BE HELD LIABLE FOR SUCH WORDS UNDER THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
14. OPERATED FROM THE UNITED STATES
The Website is controlled and operated from its facilities in the United States. Playlist makes no representations that the Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Website from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with local law, including but not limited to export and import regulations. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Website are solely directed to individuals, companies or other entities located in the United States.
INTERNET ACCESS CHARGES. You are responsible for any costs you incur to access the internet.
FEEDBACK. You further agree that Playlist and its affiliates are free to use for any purpose whatsoever ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, comments, criticisms, reports or other feedback or content or User Comments posted in response to, as a supplement to or in association with any other content available on or in connection with the Website (“Feedback”), whether oral, written or video/multimedia that you may send to Playlist or its affiliates. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of compensation or confidentiality of any nature and that Playlist has no duties to you with respect to such Feedback.
© 2016, The Playlist Blog, LLC. All Rights Reserved. All information and designs on the Website are copyrighted material owned by The Playlist Blog, LLC, except certain items that are the property of the original author. Reproduction, dissemination or transmission of any part of the material found on the Website without the express written consent of the owner is strictly prohibited.
“THE PLAYLIST” is a trademark used by us, The Playlist Blog, LLC, to uniquely identify our website, business, and service. You agree not to use any of our trademarks, service marks, designs, and logos anywhere without our prior written consent. Additionally, you agree not to use our trade dress, or copy the look and feel of our website or its design, without our prior written consent. You agree that this paragraph goes beyond the governing law on intellectual property law, and includes prohibitions on any competition that violates the provisions of this paragraph.
17. FURTHER INFORMATION
For questions or for any further information, please contact us at: [email protected]